Tuesday, April 10, 2018

JUMP AROUND - 5k/Hike with Ali in Albuquerque New Mexico - April 2018


Today embarked on a new journey… or should I say an extended journey…
A Lifestyle Journey bringing the forces of balance, health, wellness and charity all together at one time.

A dream of sorts that manifested itself on the heels (literally) of my 5Ks and other health escapades.

Years ago I started really focusing on health and wellness management for myself and it has grown into a business.  One I share with family, friends and clients , which, I am only meeting as a result of other satisfied clients.  My health and wellness business called Mind YOUR Body and Soul is about full mental and physical wellness through physical activity as well as the practice of exercising our brains through clean and clear thought that can be intensified through the practice of physical well being.  The idea has grown from merely getting healthy the traditional ways  (which by no means is an idea of the past) to adding an element that promotes involvement from my followers, fellow health enthusiast (not exclusive to those who are experts), but really those who mentally understand the benefit and theory and value of that Lifestyle. Those who are simply EXCITED by the idea of learning and doing something different and making it a lifestyle

So… Let's fast forward to 2018 and the idea behind Where's Ali - JUMP AROUND!!!!  You guessed it… it is pretty much what it sounds like and most of my friends know I am the epitome of Where's Ali…. The mere idea of guessing where I may be laying my head is so intriguing and fun to me. I have made it a quest to really make that a bigger part of my lifestyle and share it with others while incorporating some health wellness and charity in at the same time

When it comes to health and wellness for me, I shy away from the traditional.. You know what I'm talking about… THE Gym.. Give me something out doors, or something that breaks the monotony and is an automatic challenge. Like what you are probably asking…..??

5Ks for one, the infamous Hike with Ali..my staple, Biking, HIIT work outs outside, swimming, Rock climbing, Obstacle courses.. You name it…

On top of that, I love volunteering and just giving my time. So how can I come up with a way to do this all together..

The idea came to me almost instantly….. Get my health and wellness in by participating in a 5K in a different city at least 6 times a year and kick off a donation drive for the charity the 5k is supporting!! I KNOW…I KNOW…. How awesome is that????Pretty awesome…

Now let me tell you I am not a 5K sprinter or runner for that matter.  I do walk and run.. I just run more than walk.  I have times I want to continue to beat and this challenges me to be consistent and continue progressing. 

So I have kicked off 2018 with my first 5K at the Foam Glow 5K in Albuquerque, New Mexico March 31st.  The 5K supported CGC - Children's Grief Center of Phoenix, which focuses on providing support for children under 17 who have lost a parent or both parents. This is pretty awesome to me.  And I had fun doing the5k. For me, I know it is all about the WHY and not the running because to just go and run 3 miles will likely never occur.  hahaha

So you know I could not just come out here and not see what the city had to offer...... I took a look in the New Mexico area and found a very cool landscape to check out.  Kasha Katuwe Tent Monument. And it was simply spectacular!!!!!  It was just the 1.5 hr hike I needed and I got to see some aweome landscaping as well. Check it out if you are ever in the area.  $5.  Tip - Get there early to avoid long long lines at the gate.  The views are spectacular and the Hike is miraculous... AT least to me... I'm into that kind of thing.....

To make this more fun and get friends involved..
  I am taking suggestions for where to run 5K's and where to Hike from YOU… Yes YOU. . Just send me an email or comment suggesting a new city you think I should go to.  It can be international too. And/or send me a location you think I should visit to hike through…

Friends and Family all of this not only is about the 5k or the charity it supports but we get to share in practicing balance for everyone to see.  And I think we all know that is the tougher part.

If we are in the same area... JOIN ME!!!! Let's Jump ARound Together!!!

***Don't Let me forget the Infamous Route 66!!!. I went to the famous Route 66 Diner and went to Old Town.  Very cool.  Years ago my brothers and I planned a trip across Route 66 from Chicago to Cali and just never did it.  I still think we should....
What are some places you have gone or would go to that you would recommend to me?????
I wanna know










No comments:

Post a Comment

Jamaican spicy cabbage

Ever crave good cabbage??  OMG!!! This recipe is the bomb 1/2 Cabbage 5-6 mini sweet peppers 1 cup Carrots julienned 1 tbsp Thyme 3 chopped ...