Friday, October 25, 2019

Right side Up or Upside Down

In life we are either right side up or upside down....
Emotionally, professionally, personally...
And it matters..
It matters how we got there and if we need to right ourselves.
Often times we get in situations and we dont know how.. Have you ever been driving down the street or highway and 20 mins later you look up and cant remember the last 20 mins?? It happens to me alot.. Its drifting, or distractions that cause us to zone out.  Its like life... One minute you are 22 finishing college, looking for a job or maybe working somewhere you like and you look up and you are 35, with kids, in a job you may hate, bills galore etc..
And you say... What??? Wait!!!
How did I get here, this is not what i planned...
There is nothing like waking up.. Coming out of a daze..and feeling turned upside down.
Either we stay that course because its where we are at that moment and it must be destiny right? * not always.. It may just be decisions but we will talk about that another time...
Or we try to upright ourselves.
We may reach out to family or friends, we may work harder trying to work ourselves out of it...
We may pray..
Well I do a little of each.. And I incorporate Yoga and meditation... Why? Because in my world.. None of it is wrong.. There is a place for it all.
The peace and direction from yoga and meditation clear my vision both figuratively and physically.
I have learned to quiet my mind and while my mind is quiet... To heal my body through movement.
It's like playing a movie in slow motion.. You see where you are emotionally and physically and your body and mind speak to you.
Am I happy, am I at peace, am I living the life I have envisioned or am I barely surviving, hanging on. If I am barely survivng, the movie is playing slow enough for me to begin to see where Im upside down, what area am I inbalanced..
At that point.... I can decide if I stay the course or change it....
Of course nothing is easy or fast...
But figuring out when you are upside down or right side up is a major accomplishment...
What works for you?
Next:
Yoga asanas to aide in opening us up.
#WheresAli #yoga

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jamaican spicy cabbage

Ever crave good cabbage??  OMG!!! This recipe is the bomb 1/2 Cabbage 5-6 mini sweet peppers 1 cup Carrots julienned 1 tbsp Thyme 3 chopped ...